We Specialize In Locating and Repairing Water Leaks To Minimize Damage To Your Home or Business!
Water line leak detection has become a plumbing service that is valued because it has the potential to save homeowners huge amounts of money and property damage. A water leak that goes undetected can result in dangerous mold growth, rotted wood and standing water that could attract bacteria and other organisms. Finding the leak and repairing it at the source will minimize the damage and the health risks.
Fortunately for homeowners and businesses in the Houston Area, we are here to offer reliable water leak detection and pipe repair 7 days a week! Just give us a call, and we’ll send someone out to your home to assess and solve the problem! Make sure to ask about upfront pricing!
Water Leaks Are A Serious Concern
Do you notice your water bill growing larger? Do you hear water running when you’re sure all the taps are off? You may have a hidden water leak somewhere in your home that can cause serious damage and pose health hazards. If left untreated, leaks can cause foundational damage, promote mildew growth, and more.
Signs of trouble:
- Curling vinyl flooring or loose tiles
- Peeling paint or flaking, chalky-looking wood finish
- Water stains on the ceiling or joists below.
- Persistent mold.
- If the shower is against an exterior wall, you may find an area of peeling paint outside.
- Water seeping out around the base of the toilet.
- Loose or damaged flooring.
- A loose faucet base.
- Deteriorating caulk around a sink.
Water Leak Detection Is Key to preventing Costly Repairs
Leaky or broken pipes can be frustrating for anyone and diagnosing the problem may seem impossible, especially the water leak is buried deep inside walls or under the house.
Leak detection does the most good in the earliest stages of a leak. Water damage is progressive. That means the damage multiplies over time and can cause new issues to arise as time goes on… things like mold, mildew, weakening of the surrounding structure and water erosion.
While most of these leaks can be a simple fix, occasionally some pipe issues require advanced tools. Situations such as those involving structural damage to pipes, going in with a pipe snake is not enough. The only way to accurately diagnose the situation is with video pipe inspection.
It’s always important to try and assess an water leak or plumbing situation in a timely manner.
Our licensed plumbers can be there today, fully equipped with specialized detection cameras and more! Sometimes our plumbing technicians may suggest utilizing our cameras and other detection systems to get a quicker and clearer picture of the situation at hand.
Our plumbers specialize in leak detection use special diagnostic equipment and cameras and are trained to find even the most challenging water leaks. Professional, experienced service means your leak will be found and repaired, and any other issues with the water line will be addressed.
Water Leak Detection FAQ
Why Do You Use sewer line cameras and locators?
- See and capture a live image of your sewer or standard plumbing line to be able to show you and go over repair alternatives.
- Measure the distance from the camera head so we have a strong indication of the distance to the problems origin.
- Locate the direction of the line. Often a line will not be directed as you may think.
By using our locators, you can save on money, time and aggravation. The last thing you want is for someone to start digging blindly and make a big mess in your yard, sometimes with no results.
Do you provide a plan or estimate for repairing leaks?
We give you a plan and a solid estimate for repairing your water leak in the most effective manner possible. Here are just a few things we can detect:
- Does the entire line or a section of the line need to be replaced
- Can the line be patched in one spot repair
- How deep do we have to dig
- How many feet do we have to dig
- What is the cost and time involved
When Do You Need To Use A Camera?
Water and plumbing issues that might require the use of camera based line, pipe or drain inspection include:
- Reoccurring line stoppages that you have had serviced before. Has this happened before and is the time between problems shortening?
- An older home that hasn’t had service before. You may have old cast iron pipes that have eroded into the ground, created bellies, or been protruded by an outside object like a tree root or a fence post added at a later date.
- You’re purchasing or selling a home and you want to attend to any potential deal-breakers ahead of time.
- You have poured Drano and like materials down your line over and over with less and less effectiveness.
TWO TYPES OF WATER DAMAGE IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS:
Mention water damage flood or flood damage and most people think of a house flood after days of heavy downpours (especially in Houston!). Yet, even on a sunny day, your home can suffer from water damage. To better understand water damage prevention, it’s essential to realize that there are two types of water damage. Both types of water damage can be extremely difficult to repair, so it is important to note that prevention is key in both situations.
Plumbing Damage – is caused by lack of proper plumbing maintenance, aging appliances, old pipes, and burst pipes from clogged drains. stopped up water lines or sewer lines, or freezing temperatures can burst pipes. One of the easiest water damage prevention steps is to properly maintain your plumbing system. DOn’t wait for repairs and do not try to repair pipes or seriously clogged drains/pipes on your own. Further damage will likely occur.
Natural Water Damage – occurs from natural disasters, like storms.T he other threat that makes water damage prevention essential is the possibility of leaks and floods during a storm. We’ve been local to Houston for over 30 years – we can clean up the water, provide pumps to keep the water out, and map or install new pipes or drains to prevent MORE flooding down the road.