Point of Entry Water Conditioners protect your home and water using appliances from scale
Scale build-up can wreak havoc on your home’s plumbing system and water using appliances efficiency and life expectancy. We offer two options for solving water conditioning scale problems:
- Traditional Water Softeners
- FLOW-TECH Home anti-scale systems
Water softeners are not water filters and do not remove many of the impurities that are of common concern for water quality.
Unlike traditional water softeners that remove calcium and magnesium ions from your water by exchanging those ions with a potassium or sodium ion, FLOW-TECH induces a low frequency signal that is pulsedseveral thousand times per second and propagates that signal throughout your entire plumbing system. This electromagnetic signal reverses the charge on the minerals that are dissolved in the water. The charge reversal allows the minerals to stay in suspension instead of falling out of suspension when they are heated (like in a water heater) or when pressure increases. Minerals in suspension pass harmlessly through the system and ultimately flow down the drain.
Because the minerals are not removed during this process the “hardness” of the water is not affected, but the harmful effects of that hardness are tremendously reduced. Because the minerals are still present in the water, you may have some spots on dishes when the water evaporates. This can be cared for through the use of jet-dry or household vinegar works just as well. The great news is that the system is maintenance free and extremely eco-friendly as no backflush is required wasting water and there is no discharge of salt into the sewer system.
Benefits of FLOW TECH HOME
- Saves money as less soap and detergent is required
- Does Not Use Salt or Chemicals eliminating maintenance costs
- Protects Appliances and Fixtures
- Removes Existing Scale Build-up
- Increases Energy Efficiency of water using appliances
- No Maintenance Required
- Saves Space
- Environmentally Friendly and Healthy
- 3 Year Warranty
- No Drain or Wasted Water
How Traditional Water Softeners Work
Traditional water softeners remove calcium and magnesium ions from your water by exchanging those ions with a potassium or sodium ion. Removal of these minerals eliminates the possibility of scale build-up. Systems are maintained by adding salt or potassium periodically to the brine tank attached to your softener tank. It is worth noting that in some areas water softeners are being banned due to the challenges caused in trying to treat the water after it leaves your home.
Benefits of Traditional Water Softeners
- Healthier and softer skin
- Brighter and softer clothes
- Shower stall without water spots
- Shiny and more manageable hair
- Save money on soaps and detergents
- Spot-free dishes using less soap
- Prolong the life of your water heater by reducing scale buildup
- Prolong the life of your dishwasher
- Prolong the life of your faucets and all pipes
- 10 year warranty on all parts
- 5 year warranty on media